How would you create a PLN prior to engaging a social media campaign on a topic of your choice? Choose a topic, consider your audiences, and consider how you would create a social media campaign leveraging your PLN.

The very first step I would take in creating a sustainable clothing brand is to create an attractive and memorable name that corresponds to the types of clothes I will be selling. I will also follow other small clothing brands to gain traction and possibly gain knowledge from their PLN on strategies on how to launch a successful brand. While doing so, I would promote my new brand and corresponding social media account for the brand from my already personal media account to gain support from friends and family. I would then create a highly anticipated launch on social media platforms that will tease the types of products I will be selling and announce a launch date when the items will be open for purchase. When establishing an attractive and effective social media brand page, it is important to produce an aesthetically pleasing account where people will be drawn to. This includes vibrant colours, bold wording, and an aesthetic that matches the products I will be selling. My target audience would be young women from ages 16-30, and thus, creating a pre-launch video with an eye-catching cover photo is a good strategy for attracting young women. In addition, I will also work towards creating a dynamic relationship with future supporters of the brand by creating giveaways and responding to comments on posts. Creating an inclusive brand is also very important to me, and so I will want to hire models or friends to model the products that are from various backgrounds and that have very different body shapes. This will hopefully help people feel connected to the brand and therefore be more likely to offer their support.